Do I need a wedding planner?
- Have you started planning beyond the venue?
- Do you have a year and a half to plan your big day?
- Are you able to establish a wedding budget per vendor category?
- Do you have a detailed list of tasks to be completed by month, where you can track your progress?
- Are you able to envision what you want for your big day?
- Do you know where to go to bring your wedding vision to life, and within a reasonable budget?
- Do you and your partner see eye-to-eye on all aspects of your wedding?
- Have you been heard saying “I have no time, I have my wedding to plan”?
- Do you have any experience planning events?
- Have any of your friends recently got married?
- Do you have a mother or friend knowledgeable in event and wedding planning who can help you?
- Is your job flexible enough to allow you to visit wedding vendors or make calls during the day?
- Are you getting married in-town?
- Are most of your guests from your town?
- Fast forward – It’s the month of your wedding… are you calm?
- Fast forward – It’s the week of your wedding… are you calm?
- Fast forward – It’s the day of your wedding… are you 100% in the moment?
*If you’ve answer “no” to half of these questions, get yourself a wedding planner! The time and money a wedding planner will save you often outweighs the price.
But I really think I’ll enjoy planning my wedding…
You will undoubtedly enjoy planning your wedding for the first month, maybe six months, maybe the entire time; but there are days when you will feel overwhelmed or confused, or there are days where other things going on in your life will prevent you from properly planning. Sometimes, you may also just want to bounce your ideas off of someone.
Wedding planners offer different levels of planning services (day-of coordination, partial planning, full planning, customized packages) – so have the discussion and see how they can help you!
Visit the Wedding Centre to meet with Montreal wedding planners (servicing Montreal, Laval, and surrounding areas) who can assist you with your wedding day.