When should I start shopping for my wedding dress?
11-12 months before your wedding
How long does it take to order a wedding dress?
6-8 months, and then you’ll need to consider alterations
Should I buy an existing style or get my dress custom-made?
The choice is yours, but definitely explore both options!
We’ve got off-the-rack design wedding dresses, or have our in-house wedding dress designer bring your vision to life!
Off-the-rack designer wedding dress or custom-made wedding dress?
Wedding dress shopping tips
- Have a wedding dress budget.
- Bring pictures of your wedding dress style to help the wedding dress consultant find your fit.
- Make an appointment rather than showing up unannounced, that way you get enough time with a consultant.
- Limit the number of people you bring with you (watch one episode of “Say Yes to the Dress” to understand why).
- Get dolled up for your appointment so that you get the full effect.
- Try, try, try! You don’t want buyer’s remorse.
- Buy the wedding dress size that fits you now, not one that’ll fit the body you expect to have.
- Sit, stand and dance in the wedding dress to ensure you’ll be comfortable in it for a full day.
- It could very well be love at first sight. If you love the first wedding dress you try on, go for it! No need to stress yourself out with visiting every store in the city.
Visit the Wedding Centre in Laval to meet with our wedding dress consultant.